I am a SAHM mother of three...only one left home though. Paper crafting is my passion...I love creating things and saving memories. I also enjoy reading, baking, spending time with my friends and family, and walking my two furry children.
My goal on my blog is to share something a little crafty, something yummy, and something fun every week. Thank you for visiting & comments are appreciated :)
That dreaded question...just makes you cringe when you hear it. Well, at least I do. We have a few favorites that I try to always have the ingredients on hand for and this is one of them. I call it kielbasa and cabbage, but my husband calls it "Polish Stir Fry".
1 lb kielbasa (or sausage of your choice) cut into 1/2" rounds
1 box Pierogies (I prefer the mini ones)
1 pepper (your choice of color) cut into strips
1 small onion coarsly chopped
1/2 head of cabbage chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
* Brown sausage in a large frying pan. Remove & set aside.
* Add 1-2 T of olive oil to pan and set heat on high; once heated add frozen pierogies. Saute until golden on outside. Reduce heat to medium, cover and heat through (approximately 5-7 minutes).
* Once pierogies are heated through add minced garlic and return sausage to pan. Add onions and peppers, cover and let cook for approximately 5-7 minutes until vegetables are not quite done.
* Stir in cabbage; cover and let cabbage wilt.
* Of don't have pierogies, serve over prepared egg noodles.
* Any sausage will do...even brats! When using brats or similar types of sausage I precook the links to firm, then slice into coins and finish cooking.
* Add other vegetables and even fruits....shredded carrots, finely chopped apples, etc...