My husband likes Cabbage Rolls, or Golumpki as I have always known them to be. I decided there needed to be an easier way to make them so...since I love skillet meals, that is what I decided to do. Super easy, super fast to put together and cook. Super Yummy!
Cabbage (6-8 leaves)
1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 C tomato sauce (I use a basic marinara)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 C prepared rice
1-2 T Worcestershire sauce
1. Prepare rice...sometimes I use minute rice and I cook it in the microwave while I start prepping meat and cabbage leaves. Uncle Ben's rice pouches work well too...whatever you prefer.
2. Mix rice, ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, 1 C of diced tomatoes, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Pour the rest of the diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce into a large skillet. Turn skillet onto med-high heat.
4. Form ground beef mixture into large meatballs. I use a 3/4 C measuring cup to divide up.
5. Place the large meatball into the center of a cabbage leaf and put into skillet, continue until skillet is full.
Cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Uncover and tuck ends of now wilted cabbages around the 'meatballs" to form more of the traditional cabbage roll. Cover and simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until done through.
6. Serve with sauce on top.