"For some moments in life there are no words."
~ David Seltzer, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Today is one of those days...no words could express how I feel right now...no words could ever capture the pain and sorrow of my family's loss...
Today we lost my grandmother. After several weeks of spiraling down she finally left us. While I am sad for me...I will miss her more than words can express; I am certain that she is at peace now. She would have never wanted to live as she was. She had a full life...she got to see her grandchildren grow up and know her great-grandchildren.
I will not wallow in sorrow for my loss, but celebrate her life and the memories I have of her....
* white potato pie...she used to make them for the family dinners & I always thought it was so weird.
* scrapple & french toast...her standard breakfast for the kids.
* ice cream, Dolly's popcorn from the boardwalk, and Mary Jane candy...a few of her favorite things
* squirrels, she loved those little critters!
* fish, fries & coleslaw...her usual out to dinner order
So many memories...
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." ~ From a headstone in Ireland